Monday, November 14, 2005

UN Chief Warns Syria over Lebanon

Ha ha ha ha! It's very rare that I smile while reading about the UN. Apparently, Kofi Annan has some strong words for Syria. If they don't withdraw their troops from Lebanon by April, then the Security Council MIGHT take actions against them. Pardon me a moment while I laugh myself into a hernia. Here are the words straight from the jackass's mouth. Now let's see. What color would best exemplify Kofi Annan? How about yellow? That's a good color for a simpering coward!

"If it's partial withdrawal, I will have to report. If it's total withdrawal, I will have to report," Mr Annan is quoted as saying in the interview to be broadcast on Friday.

"But of course, if they [Syria] do not perform, the council may wish to take additional measures," he adds.

Ugh, it's as painful to the eyes as Kofi's words are to the ears! I'm sure the Syrians are quaking in their boots over your threat of the possibility of further action. "Oh shit, if we don't comply, they might pass a resolution to condemn us and threaten another resolution!"

To read the always eloquent Darth Misha's take on this, click here.

No comments: