Friday, August 05, 2005

De-mystifiying the Left

I read this excellent article by Barry Loberfeld at frontpagemag.com. Truly a scholarly, and at times humorous critique of the left. It basically says everthing I've been screaming for years about leftists, only in a way far more articulate and scholarly than I could ever manage. They don't believe in freedom or equality. They sneer at the concept of freedom, and believe in hedgemony. How dare these unwashed masses determine the course of their own lives? How dare they not take the advice of their betters? If they won't listen to us, we'll take away their property and their rights and force them to listen! What the left actually seeks is their position on top! Under capitalism, Noam Chomsky is just another member of the peanut gallery. He has no control over me and my property, and thus I am left to my own evil devices, like the rest of the evil masses. Under communism, old Noam will get just what he wants, a position amongst the party elite, and the power to control us unenlightened heathens.

No comments: