Tuesday, July 19, 2005

PETA Kills Helpless Animals

I was alerted to this story by a frontpage mag article here. I wasn't entirely surprised. Apparently, since PETA spends so much of it's budget on advertising and harassment campaigns against farmers and medical research facilities, it doesn't have enough money left over to care for animals. So a lot of these animals that PETA "rescues" end up getting euthanized and dumped. I've always suspected that PETA hurts more animals than it helps. If you've ever seen their literature, where they document the atrocious mutilations of animals supposedly done by hunters, then you know what I'm talking about. I was at a job fair at Ball State University where PETA had their own stall, passing out materials. They showed me this pamphlet of a fox that had been utterly mutilated. It looked like it had been mangled by farm equipment. The pelt was ruined. "What hunter would do this," I asked. It appeared to me that these PETA people most likely killed and butchered this fox specifically for the purposes of their propaganda, which I think is illegal. I always used to think PETA was insane because they care more about animals than people. Now, I'm beginning to think they're just plain insane.

No comments: