Saturday, September 24, 2005

Watchblog out of Money

Amusing. I figured out what happened to Watchblog. They simply ran out of money. I did a search on them and found this dropcash page where they were begging for donations to keep their site up. Now I'll admit, my blog is hosted by Blogger, which is to the world of internet publishing what velveeta is to the world of cheese. But I still can't help but indulge in a little schadenfreude over the fact that they have so far, collected zilch. I guess nobody cares about your little "public service website." I guess if you want to go there and mess with them, you have to donate some money so they can get their site running again. Ha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WatchBlog is still around. We simply moved to a new server which took a few days to complete. Nobody at WatchBlog gets paid, and the donations that came in from the July fundraiser all came through PayPal and Amazon. Thanks for being a reader.

Chauncy Biggins said...

Although I do appreciate your candor, Carmen, I must say to you that I most certainly am not a reader. I, Carmen, am a detractor. I will not read your blog, but I will from time to time, emerge to hurl insults at the managing editor. Are you aware, Carmen, that he threatened to file a complaint with the federal government over my exercise of free speech? Here at the Cult of 7G, we take such threats very seriously. For a blogger to be an enemy of free speech is the utmost hypocricy! Wait a moment. Are you that managing editor? Is it you, Carmen?