Saturday, September 24, 2005

Where's Watchblog?

I will admit, the managing Editor of Watchblog had me a little nervous. I'm relatively new to this whole blogging thing, and this took me off guard. And the day that I found out, I had been having a pretty bad day. Some bullshit collection agency called Ashwood Financial was calling up my mother and threatening to sue me (which is a violation of my privacy and federal statutes) over some bullshit from five years ago. Don't worry. I'll deal with them. I work in the industry and I know the law. They don't know who they're fucking with. But nonetheless, it was disquieting. On top of that, I'm getting married next month in Hawaii. I booked the whole package through Expedia, and about a month ago, I found out that ATA had cancelled the flight. I called Expedia. They called ATA, and ATA assured them that they would re-accommodate us, and that they would call back in two weeks. Once the two weeks were up, I called them back. They assured me that they were working on it, and they would call back in another two weeks. Two more weeks went by. I called them back, and they told me that it wasn't their problem, and I had to take it up with Expedia. I went ballistic. So I called Expedia, and explained the situation. The woman assured me that we would solve the issue, while I was on the phone. She said she needed to put me on hold while she called Northwest. So I sat on hold for 30 minutes. Periodically, she would come back to thank me for holding. Finally, I asked if I could put her on hold, as I had been on the phone for 2 hours and had to go to the bathroom. When I came back, the line was dead. I called back, got a different receptionist, and she said that according to her notes, they were issuing a full refund. I explained that we are getting married on the 10th, and I don't want a damn refund! I want to get down there! She explained that there was no legal way that they could get me another flight. Did you get that? This is a fucking travel agency! I told her fine! Just refund the tickets, and I'll swim if I have to! While I was on hold this time, I decided to check my email. That's when I got the email from the managing editor of watchblog. So it was just the icing on the cake. I was so emotionally exhausted, I nearly broke down and wept, right there at my desk. As for Expedia, I called back later in the evening and got it all straightened out. It turned out that the first two customer service representatives simply didn't want to help me. I guess they were too busy doing their nails, or something else much more important than their job. They've refunded the full ticket price, plus an extra $140, since it's going to be more expensive to book a flight so close to the date. It was an ordeal, but since they straightened it out in the end, I have to give them high marks. And as for watchblog, after some time to think it over, and some much appreciated support from Misha and the rest of the LC's and IB's at the Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler, I realize that the managing editor of Watchblog is nothing more than a self-righteous douche-bag with delusions of grandeur. I tried to go back to watchblog to let them know I'm not afraid of them, but it seems that their site is down. Where'd they go? Perhaps the feds got sick and tired of being bothered by these half-wits and shut them down. Or maybe the managing editor is so sensitive to criticism, that he took his own life. Perhaps he committed hari kiri, and threw himself off the roof of the hippie commune where he resides. I'm still here, jackass. Where are you?

1 comment:

Chauncy Biggins said...

Oh, you didn't know, huh? Well I didn't know jackasses posted comments on websites without even visiting them! I had no idea there was such a thing as comment spam! Keep being an asshole!