Monday, March 14, 2005

Washington Post Editor Knocks U.S.

Okay, if this isn't treason, I don't know what is. I mean, let's ignore the fact that this guy's statements are childish and idiotic, and evaluate his arguments. I'll put this filthy commie's comments in red.

"I don't think the U.S. should be the leader of the world."

Well, philly boy, most U.S. citizens don't think so either. But we do have a presence in the "global scene" since we are a superpower and it is our perrogative to pursue our best interests.

"If you look around the world in strategically important places, is the
U.S. actively engaged there promoting democracy or not? I don't think there is
much evidence that promoting democracy is what the U.S. is doing. It is what
it says it is doing."


What kind of thing is this to say? We promote democracy as much as we can get away with, but wouldn't that just be more american "imperialism" that you libs hate so much? Isn't it you guys who always say the world doesn't want democracy. We can't impose freedom on people? My point is moot anyway, as the US is involved in promoting democracy. Just look at Iraq and Afghanistan. And apparently, he did:

"One of the jobs of our correspondents in Baghdad is to tell our readers
what the Bush administration is trying to hide. Bush says democracy is advancing
in Iraq, but our correspondents say the situation there is much more complex
than that."

I'd be interested in hearing him elaborate on the complexities, but from where I'm standing, free elections in Iraq of all places, looks like a pretty good sign that democracy is advancing there.

"The government of the U.S. is becoming much more secretive, much more
hostile to the press in terms of giving us access to the information. So a lot
of what we do here is to fight for access to the information that we think the
public should have. That takes a lot of our energy and resources."



Is it any wonder, when you consider the kind of crap these guys are saying?

"When I went to China, I felt I was seeing into the future."

I hope he's referring to his own future. As in, he's moving to China and getting the hell out of my country. We should only be so lucky.

No comments: